Friday, November 5, 2010

Getting Hairy with Zach G.

Zach Galifianakis - Zach Galifianakis' Hairy Fights

05 November 2010 05:45:24 AM
Zach Galifianakis At The London Premiere Of Due Date picture

Zach Galifianakis enjoys being in the UK, but thinks people are aggressive and confrontational towards him because of his beard.


Zach Galifianakis claims people in London wanted to fight him because of his beard.
The hirsute 'Due Date' actor was surprised by the hostile and confrontational attitude of some of the people he met when he briefly moved to the UK as a standup comedian.
He said: "I lived here for a brief period about ten years ago and I had a beard even then.
"There's not a lot of beards in your culture and people wanted to fight me because of it! I'm not even exaggerating, and people would, like, stop me in the street and say; 'What's with your f***ing beard?' and I didn't know what they were on about. Other than that I really like being in London."
The actor also said he'd not had any real plan to become a movie star - with his breakthrough role coming in 2009 film 'The Hangover' - but that he got "lucky".
He told BANG Showbiz: "It takes a long time to make a transition from comedy to film, but I never had a plan to be in these kinds of movies and stuff, but I just got lucky, a lot of its luck, but you've got to make yourself lucky."
Zach was also daunted when he found out that he'd be starring alongside Robert Downey Jr. in 'Due Date'.
He said: "When Todd he told me that Robert was in it, it was doubly exciting, and to be honest I didn't have any other offers so that's definitely the reason."
'Due Date' is in cinemas on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment